Monday 14 February 2011

The princess turns 2


This is Ana, she turned 2 on Saturday. Ana is extremely cute and extremely spoiled. We love her. How can you not?


To celebrate we went to the ZOO. It was surprisingly fun. We both had forgotten how much we love the zoo.



The brown bears were among the favorites. There were 6 of them, and all the bears were related. They were smaller than I thought - it made you want to wrestle with them. It kinda made me want to be a bear...


Seeing snakes cuddle did nothing to help me get over my fear of them.


The lovely, lovely one.


The giraffes were the coolest part of the day. Did you know giraffes have blue tongues? Well I didn't, so don't make fun. They were eating apples and carrots right out of hands! I never thought much of giraffes before Saturday... but these two totally change my view of the species.


Ana's birthday party. It felt relatively Spanish, besides the Rihanna and Katy Perry music that accompanied the occasion.



I'm notoriously bad at foosball, but I was able to squeeze a win or two out of a 12 year-old.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Man, so awesome! It seems like you are already at home there. Ugh! I want to go.

Whitlie said...

I love your blog posts and it looks like you guys are having a blast! I get jealous every time I think about you two chilling in Spain...and compare it to me sitting in the library all day. I'm glad you're having fun!